Shortcuts are a natural fit for a personal finance app like Moneytree. The Conversational Shortcuts on the latest software for iPhone, iOS 13.1, allows Siri to ask follow-up questions offering more interactive experiences to quickly and easily manage tasks on compatible apps.
With this new release, Moneytree has added the Cash Tracking feature to work on Siri Conversational Shortcuts. All that cash tracking you were doing manually can now be done by simply asking Siri.
Once you set up Shortcuts on your iPhone, you will be able to use the voice command to record your cash spending without opening the Moneytree app. So, when you buy a cup of coffee in the morning or buy lunch with cash, just ask Siri to add that transaction to Moneytree.
Siri Shortcuts Images
How to set up Siri Shortcuts for Cash Tracking
Please update the Moneytree app to the latest version available.
- Open the "Shortcuts" app on your iPhone
- Tap "Create Shortcut" in My Shortcuts
- Tap "Add Action" in New Shortcut
- Tap on “Apps”. Select the Moneytree app and choose “Add Cash Spending”
- Specify the category and amount or select “Ask Each Time” and tap “Next”. The category and amount can be set to "Ask Each Time" or fixed to a specific category or price of your choice
- Enter the "Shortcut Name" and tap “Done”. You will use this word to invoke Siri Shortcut.
To add cash spending, mention the specific Shortcut name you’ve set up earlier and Siri will ask you questions about the transaction you would like to add to Moneytree. You can also create multiple shortcuts to suit your spending habits.
See how to set up Siri Shortcuts for Cash Tracking in more detail.
Download the latest version and start exploring today!
Author: Moneytree Team
Giving you the skinny on spending, saving, and everything in between. We're sharing our favourite tips, trips, tools, and insights, to help you get more out of your money.